Barbara A. Douglas
Chief Executive Officer
Ms. Douglas was born in Roland, Arkansas and is the seventh of ten children. She is a mother of many but a biological mother to four (Rachel, Raymond Jr., Roberta, and Randy) a grandmother of six (Richard, Raphael, Raymond III, Robyn, Jaylen, and Manuel) and great-grandmother to Ryan.
- BA Degree, Philander Smith College, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Master of Divinity, Memphis Theological Seminary, Memphis, Tennessee
- Licensed Cosmetologist and Cosmetology Instructor
- Certified Pastoral Counselor
Present Positions and Affiliations
- Pastor at St. Luke United Methodist Church, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- CEO, Velvatex College of Beauty Culture
- Executive Director of Stewart Residential Home
- Owner of BM Style Crest Beauty Salon
- 2000 and 2002 Arkansas Minority Small Business Person of the Year
- Board of Director for Healing Hearts and Spirits
- Former Appointee to the Arkansas Workforce Investment
- Former Board of Director and present member of the Chamber of Commerce
- Former President and current member of the South Central Jurisdictional Black Methodist Church Renewal
Rachel R. Willis
Chief Operating Officer
Director of Recruitment/Marketing
Mrs. Willis was born in Little Rock, Arkansas and is the first of four children. She is a loving wife to Robert Willis. Together they have two children (Richard and Robyn) and are grandparents to Ryan.
Mrs. Willis obtained her cosmetology license from Velvatex while in high school and went on to gain her instructors license and has taught as head instructor at Velvatex since.
She loves spending time with her family in her free time. While doing this she and her children became Second Degree Black Belts in Taekwondo and as a family gained a passion for deer hunting. In her present free Mrs. Willis enjoys health and fitness.
Mattie Sue Woods
Mattie S. Woods is a
product of the Eldorado School District. She attended both Arkansas Baptist and
Philander Smith College. Woods is a graduate of Velvatex College
of Beauty Culture and is a licensed cosmetology instructor. She was a co-owner of Woods Barber and
Beauty and Woods and Henry Beauty Salon. Some of her accomplishments are:
Platform Artist and Instructor for a major manufacture company out of Chicago,
Illinois, appointed by three governors to the Arkansas State Board of Cosmetology
Examiner for twenty (20) years. She has taught all required subjects and
specialties (advanced in several schools in the State) and was the director of
Thelma’s Beauty Academy for seventeen (17) years. Mrs. Woods is an active long
time member of the Arkansas Cosmetology and Barber Association and is an active member
of the Mount Zion Baptist Church for over 50 years. She has worked as a Sunday
school teacher and with the missionary society.